Our VC-GX30 (G3 Smart Speaker) customers will soon be experiencing an OTA (over-the-air) update to their speaker units. This update will occur starting 12/20 and will update the Chromecast version built into the unit. For most users this update will not interrupt any use of the product, however please refer to the table below if you are having trouble with your unit after the update and for additional details.
|Update Chromecast built-in version to 1.40.||Yes|
|The firmware update will be done automatically by an Over-the-Air Update.||Yes|
|How to check your firmware version|
1. Make sure your phone or tablet is connected to same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home device.
2. From your Android or iOS device, open the Google Home app Chromecast cast icon.
3. Tap DEVICES to see your available Google Home devices.
4. Scroll to find the device card for VC-GX30.
5. In the top right corner of the device card, tap the device card menu.
6. Tap Settings.
7. Scroll to the bottom and look for [System firmware version: YY].
The LED light turns blue and then scroll from left to right while updating.
Please do not turn the unit off while updating.
The unit is unable to respond to question and playback music while updating.
After complete the update, start-up of the unit will take about 30 seconds. Please wait until the start-up sound.
In case reboot of the unit is needed, please wait about 1vminute after unplugging and plug in.