ONKYO USA Corporation Limited Consumer Warranty
PLEASE RETAIN YOUR ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE AS YOU WILL NEED TO PRESENT IT SHOULD YOU REQUIRE SERVICE UNDER THIS WARRANTY.
Onkyo USA Corporation (hereinafter referred to as Onkyo) hereby warrants all Onkyo products PURCHASED DIRECTLY FROM ONKYO OR AN ONKYO AUTHORIZED DEALER, in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
WARNING: IF YOU PURCHASE AN ONKYO PRODUCT FROM AN UNAUTHORIZED INTERNET DEALER, YOUR ONKYO WARRANTY WILL NOT BE VALID. Click here to view a list of UNAUTHORIZED RESELLERS.
WARRANTY PERIOD (from date of purchase):
|Receivers||2 years Parts & Labor|
|RZ Series Receivers||3 years Parts & Labor|
|DVD Players||2 years Parts & Labor|
|CD Players||1 years Parts & Labor|
|Amplifier||2 years Parts & Labor|
|Personal Audio Systems||1 years Parts & Labor|
|Tuners||2 years Parts & Labor|
|Turntables||1 years Parts & Labor|
|Speakers||2 years Parts & Labor|
|Processors||2 years Parts & Labor|
|Accessories & Speaker Stands||1 years Parts & Labor|
|The following models carry a 1 year Parts & Labor warranty:|
|TA-RW255||1 Year Parts & Labor|
|DX-C390||1 Year Parts & Labor|
|Receivers & Amplifiers||1 year Parts & labor|
|Tuners & Processors||1 year Parts & labor|
|Cassette Decks||1 year Parts & labor|
|CD, DVD Players||1 year Parts & labor|
|Speakers||1 year Parts & labor|
|Mini systems||1 year Parts & labor|
|Turntables||1 year Parts & labor|
SCOPE OF WARRANTY:
From the date of original consumer purchase and for the respective periods specified above, ONKYO agrees to repair, at its sole expense, all ONKYO brand products purchased directly from ONKYO or from an Independent ONKYO Authorized Dealer, which are defective in material and/or workmanship during ordinary consumer use. Repairs may be completed using new or refurbished parts that meet or exceed ONKYO specifications for new parts. ONKYO, at its sole discretion, may replace a product, with a refurbished or reconditioned unit having comparable features and a limited consumer warranty.
IF YOU PURCHASE AN ONKYO PRODUCT FROM AN UNAUTHORIZED DEALER, YOUR ONKYO WARRANTY WILL NOT BE VALID, please use our authorized dealer locator.
This Warranty does not apply with respect to the following:
- Defects or damage caused by accident, fire/smoke, flood/water damage, power surge (or related electrical abnormalities), lightning or other acts of nature.
- Defects or damage caused by abuse, misuse, negligence, accident, unauthorized product modification or service, or failure to observe the instructions contained in the manual furnished at the time of original purchase.
- Deterioration/failure due to corrosive atmosphere, including but not limited to; smoke, high humidity or extreme temperature.
- Damage caused during shipment or handling.
- Products purchased from anyone other than Onkyo or an Independent Onkyo Authorized Dealer. If you are uncertain as to whether a dealer is authorized, please contact Onkyo's Customer Relations Department or check the Dealer and Service Locator.
- Products that have had their serial numbers altered or removed.
- Products purchased in "AS IS" condition or noted as "DEMO", "DISPLAY", "OPEN BOX", or "CLEARANCE".
- Products that have been altered or repaired by anyone other than Onkyo or an Onkyo authorized service station in a manner that has affected their performance, stability or reliability.
- Accessories attached to or to be used with Onkyo products, such as antennas, batteries, cables, etc.
- Any product attached to or used with the ONKYO Product.
- Packing materials and cosmetic items.
- Parts which have prescribed useful lives dependent upon the degree of their use, such as styli, cassette heads, idler wheels, etc.
- Installation and removal of Onkyo products, setup, adjustments or signal reception issues.
- Maintenance, cleaning or periodic check-ups.
- Adjustments or alterations required for compatibility with conditions pertaining to foreign countries.
OBTAINING WARRANTY SERVICE:
To obtain warranty service, take or ship your ONKYO product to an ONKYO Authorized Independent Service Center, together with a note describing your complaint and your copy of the dated purchase receipt. Repairs are not performed at our headquarters; all repairs must be performed by our ONKYO Authorized Independent Service Centers. For a list of ONKYO Authorized Independent Service Centers please go to; www.onkyousa.com, under, Support. Please also include in any mailing; a contact name, address and email address or telephone number.
If you choose to ship your ONKYO product to an ONKYO Authorized Independent Service Center, all shipping arrangements must be made by you and all shipping charges and insurance must be fully prepaid. Any ONKYO product shipped in its entirety must be properly packaged to avoid shipping damage. Any shipping damage incurred as a result of improper or insufficient packaging will be the responsibility of the shipper. ONKYO will pay all return shipping charges for ONKYO products that have been serviced under this warranty.
Any service or repair for items not covered by this limited warranty shall be at the Authorized Independent Service Center's rates and terms then in effect. Contact an ONKYO Authorized Independent Service Center for details.
Onkyo makes this warranty subject to the following limitations:
- This limited Warranty is valid only within the continental United States of America, Hawaii and Alaska. To be covered by this warranty the ONKYO product concerned must have been purchased directly from ONKYO or an Independent ONKYO Authorized Dealer and the person seeking warranty service must reside in one of the states of the United States of America or in the District of Columbia. This warranty extends only to the original retail purchaser and cannot be transferred to anyone.
- ONKYO SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THE RESPONSIBILITY OF ONKYO UNDER THIS WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE ONKYO PRODUCTS BY ONKYO OR ITS AUTHORIZED INDEPENDENT SERVICE CENTERS.
- This warranty is valid only with respect to repairs affected by Onkyo or an Onkyo authorized independent service center.
- ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THE EXPRESS WARRANTY HEREIN CONTAINED INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD SET FORTH ABOVE.
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state.